Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Last Name - Indian Passport, I797, H1/H4, SSN, DL

Hello

My Indian passport is due for expiration in October 2016. I applied for renewal along with change of surname . I should be receiving it in few weeks.

I am currently on H1 which was valid till Feb 2016. Applied extension in Jan and is under process. Due to maternity reasons, we have applied for COS to H4 and received the receipt number. (all this with old surname)

Now will there be any issue coz of change of my surname?

How do I change my surname in all the US docs like I797s, H1/H4 visas (in future), Driving license, SSN? Is there a problem if i don't update US docs?

Any help plz

Comment

Changing you name

Originally posted by hima87 View Post
      Hello

My Indian passport is due for expiration in October 2016. I applied for renewal along with change of surname . I should be receiving it in few weeks.

I am currently on H1 which was valid till Feb 2016. Applied extension in Jan and is under process. Due to maternity reasons, we have applied for COS to H4 and received the receipt number. (all this with old surname)

Now will there be any issue coz of change of my surname?

How do I change my surname in all the US docs like I797s, H1/H4 visas (in future), Driving license, SSN? Is there a problem if i don't update US docs?
      You can amend your most recent H1B petition, changing your name on the petition. USCIS will typically change your name to the name on the most recent Passport or visa. So if you submit your most recent passport with an amended petition, you should receive a notice of approval or denial with your new name. to change your name in the state is independent. you should consult with your SSN office for the evidence you will need to change your SSN card.
      This is purely my opinion and does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X