H1B VS Greencard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B VS Greencard

I'm currently on L1B visa - Its been 5 months in the US and I plan to get settled here

Should i apply for H1B or Green card?

Uzma

H1B vs Green Card

Originally posted by umian View Post
    I'm currently on L1B visa - Its been 5 months in the US and I plan to get settled here

Should i apply for H1B or Green card?

Uzma
    Does anyone have any info regarding this?

Comment

Originally posted by umian View Post
      Does anyone have any info regarding this?

if you are planning to stay permanently, I would suggest going the Green Card route

Comment

Originally posted by RoQuin79 View Post
        if you are planning to stay permanently, I would suggest going the Green Card route
        What's your country of birth? Which category of GC are you planning to apply under?

Comment

Originally posted by RoQuin79 View Post
          Thank you. How long will it take to arrive?? I have heard for L1B its takes 5 years

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          What's your country of birth? Which category of GC are you planning to apply under?
          Thanks for your response, i'm from India. I didnt know there are categories...

Comment

GC and H1B

I would apply for the I-140 with your current company, and then going the H1B route. Depending on the level of the I-140 you receive, if approved, will determine your priority date and how long until you are able to adjust. You should apply for H1B, as soon as you can because you will be able to extend past the limits of L1 and H1 visas.
            This is purely my opinion and does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X