Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarifications on H1B-H4 visa stamping interviews

Hi,
    I am on F1-OPT working in a company here in US, who had applied for my H1b this year and it got picked in lottery due to god's grace. Got my I797 approval notice too. Now next steps to take is get my H1b stamped and get my wife H4 visa and bring her along with me in this Dec 2016.
    Few questions lingering my mind are:
    1) How many days prior can I book the visa interviews for both of us together (H1b-H4)? I want to have our interview in Nov last week, when will it be too late to book for this time period?
    2) Does interviewer usually ask for proof of marriage beyond marriage certificate? like photo album? I mean isn't marriage certificate a proof enough? Just curious.
    3) Does my company here in US have to do anything with my wife's H4 visa? Do I need to carry any letter from my company supporting my wife's H4 application? Because I figured that H4 is dependent on my H1b and my H1b is dependent on my company. Please help me clarify this
    4) In case she pursues her Masters degree once she's here in US, do you suggest I transfer her to F1 visa or keep her on H4 visa?

Thank you in advance! :-)

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X