No announcement yet.

H1 extension got approved without new I94 and I94 already expired in Feb 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension got approved without new I94 and I94 already expired in Feb 2016

Hi,

I need help to understand my situation. I am on H1-B Visa. My Visa and I94 both got expired on Feb-09-2016. My employer Applied my extension and It got approved on 28th June 2016. But when I received my approval notice on July 11th 2016 without I94. Actually, Attorney made a mistake while filing my extension. They filed in "a Change in Previously Approved and Consular Processing" instead of "Change in Previously Approved and Extension". Now They have asked me to leave US and get it stamped from india. I am planning to got India on 24th july 2016.

So I want to understand what is my status and can I stay till 24th July as my 180 days clock will be ended on Aug 7th 2016. Also, will Dropbox option for Visa stamping applicable to me?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Deependra

Originally posted by deependr View Post
    Hi,

I need help to understand my situation. I am on H1-B Visa. My Visa and I94 both got expired on Feb-09-2016. My employer Applied my extension and It got approved on 28th June 2016. But when I received my approval notice on July 11th 2016 without I94. Actually, Attorney made a mistake while filing my extension. They filed in "a Change in Previously Approved and Consular Processing" instead of "Change in Previously Approved and Extension". Now They have asked me to leave US and get it stamped from india. I am planning to got India on 24th july 2016.

So I want to understand what is my status and can I stay till 24th July as my 180 days clock will be ended on Aug 7th 2016. Also, will Dropbox option for Visa stamping applicable to me?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Deependra
    You should leave as soon as possible. Yes, you may be eligible for Dropbox, but as you overstayed your I94, you may be called for an interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

I am in same boat. Keep in touch

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X