Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS Webiste - Processing time question

Hi,

I filed my H1B Amendment in January 2016. Understandably I haven't got my case approved yet.

The Amendment was filed because I i started a new project in a different state.

I work in NY and I assume my case would be processed in the Vermont service center (Case number starts with EAC). So when I go to the USCIS website to check the processing times for this type of cases, there are two entries.

1. H-1B - Specialty occupation - Change of status in the U.S. - 2 Months
    2. H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S. - January 11, 2016

Which of the above category does amendment petitions falls in. Anyways the 2 months for change in status is not real and in my case, it's already been 6 months. But I would still like to know if amendment petitions are treated as H1B extension petitions.

I have an another weird question. How many days does USCIS take to process all the petitions received on a given day. Now it says January 11, 2016 processing. So I am asking how many days will USCIS take to process all cases received on this date. I completely understand it depends on the number of cases received on that day and the type and complexity of the cases (Simple Common sense isn't it. But these things still drive us crazy) But just wondering if they have any SLA kind of stuff.

Please advise.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X