H1B issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B issues

Hi , I finished my Masters in US . I have transferred my H1 form a Employer to Accenture Services and its Approved. I just started my Job.

The h1 transfer is valid till April 2018

My old h1 is valid till oct 2017

Can i still be on the payroll of the new h1 and continue working for 6 months and then transfer back to old employer on old h1 .

I am confused in joining the company

Originally posted by deathinsane View Post
    Hi , I finished my Masters in US . I have transferred my H1 form a Employer to Accenture Services and its Approved. I just started my Job.

Can i still be on the payroll of the new h1 and continue working for 6 months and then transfer back to old employer on old h1 .

No. The employer has to file another cap exempt petition.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Of course

Originally posted by deathinsane View Post

So long as the prior employer did not withdrawn there petition, you probably will be okay. But normally portability only applies when you applied for a new petition and the petition is still pending. But as long as you were working under the same conditions as was previously approved, I don't see how USCIS is going to determine that you were out of status.

It would be better however, if your old company does file a new petition for you just to avoid any complications should they arise in the future.
      This is purely my opinion and does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X