Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping Drop Box Question.

Hi,

I have a plans to go to India in August and needs to go to visa stamping. I have a few questions on "Interview Waiver Program"

1. I had done H1B Transfer last year and my previous visa stamp is still valid with old employer. I want to know will I be eligible for drop box? Some of them say if employer is changed we will not be eligible for drop box.. Is that true?

2. If Yes, does drop box needs appointment or direct Walk through?

Thanks

I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply
    My most recent visa was issued in India
    I received my visa after January 1, 2008
    My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.
    My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
    I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance
    If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

if you answer yes for all these questions, then you are eligible for dropbox, employer change or petitioner change condition is removed

when you try to schedule an appointment, it will asking you these questions , if you answer yes for all these, it will give you dropbox confirmation letter instead of scheduling an appointment

priya

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by myusdream View Post
    Hi,

I have a plans to go to India in August and needs to go to visa stamping. I have a few questions on "Interview Waiver Program"

1. I had done H1B Transfer last year and my previous visa stamp is still valid with old employer. I want to know will I be eligible for drop box? Some of them say if employer is changed we will not be eligible for drop box.. Is that true?

Thanks
    if your visa is still valid even if it is with old employer you are eligible for dropbox, if you already have visa, you can go out of country and reenter on same visa with new I797, no need to go to visa stamping again

get it confirmed with your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by myusdream View Post
      Hi,

Thanks
      Hi! You do not need to schedule an appointment if you are eligible for Dropbox. You just need to carry the necessary documents, go to any Stanley office and mention that you are there for Dropbox. Please refer to the VFS site for details.
      Regarding the question about eligibility, I've read in a few other forum posts that changing the employer does not affect the Dropbox eligibility. However, I'd suggest you to call the customer service and confirm this.

**Not A Legal Advice**

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X