Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a US company sponsor H1 for me?

Hi

I got H1 for the first time in 2014 and started working from OCT 2014 till May 2016

Due to an urgent family situation I had to leave US and came back to India in May 2016. My employer has withdrawn my H1 in June 2016 because at the time I left, it was uncertain when I will return to US

My question is : Does cap exempt apply to me? Can an US employer offer a job and spinsor H1 to me even though I am in India right now? And if Yes, what is the procedure?

Originally posted by sgv View Post
    Hi

I got H1 for the first time in 2014 and started working from OCT 2014 till May 2016

Due to an urgent family situation I had to leave US and came back to India in May 2016. My employer has withdrawn my H1 in June 2016 because at the time I left, it was uncertain when I will return to US

My question is : Does cap exempt apply to me? Can an US employer offer a job and spinsor H1 to me even though I am in India right now? And if Yes, what is the procedure?
    If you have a copy or the original I797 approval notice, yes, it will be easier for a US employer to sponsor you by filing a cap exempt petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X