Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/H4 visa stamping in India

Hello,

Both me (H1) and my spouse (H4) reside here in the US. We both qualify under the Interview Waiver Program and will be able to utilize the Dropbox facility for visa stamping in India. I also understand that I could carry both the H1 and H4 documents and represent my spouse at the dropbox counter.

Question I have, is it required for my spouse to make the travel to India? Can I carry all relevant documents and passports to get both my H1 and her H4 stamped?

Let me know your thoughts or share experience if one has already been through this scenario.

Thank you!

Originally posted by pk1979 View Post
    Hello,

Both me (H1) and my spouse (H4) reside here in the US. We both qualify under the Interview Waiver Program and will be able to utilize the Dropbox facility for visa stamping in India. I also understand that I could carry both the H1 and H4 documents and represent my spouse at the dropbox counter.

Question I have, is it required for my spouse to make the travel to India? Can I carry all relevant documents and passports to get both my H1 and her H4 stamped?

Let me know your thoughts or share experience if one has already been through this scenario.

Thank you!
    Yes she would have to. In the DS-160 for your spouse you would have to declare where is she currently, if you mention that she is still in US, it can lead to complications.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X