Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew H1 Visa situation

Hello everyone,

I am in odd situation and any help/advice is welcome. My VISA stamp expires in Sept 2016 but I 797 expiration date is Sept 2017 because I changed my job in 2015 and received new I797. I have never been outside country since then. My question is if I go to India in Dec 2016, I have to get the visa stamp but I am not sure if my current employer should will be applying for renewal before I travel or they can only do it after Sept 2017. If I go for visa stamping in dec 2016, will I get visa till sept 2017 or will I get 3 years extension?

Please advise.

Thanks
    Neal

Originally posted by nealp View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am in odd situation and any help/advice is welcome. My VISA stamp expires in Sept 2016 but I 797 expiration date is Sept 2017 because I changed my job in 2015 and received new I797. I have never been outside country since then. My question is if I go to India in Dec 2016, I have to get the visa stamp but I am not sure if my current employer should will be applying for renewal before I travel or they can only do it after Sept 2017. If I go for visa stamping in dec 2016, will I get visa till sept 2017 or will I get 3 years extension?

Please advise.

Thanks
    Neal
    The visa expiry date will depend upon the I797 that you to in the DS-160, and the one that you show/submit to the officer during the interview/dropbox. So if you go with the current I797 which is valid till Sep 2017, you will get H1 visa only till Sep 2017.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X