Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consular processing h1b

Hello,

I am hoping if someone could share his/her experience regarding consular processing of h1b. My situation is such that I was contracting with a US based staffing company at our client site and my project was abruptly terminated. I ended up being 47 days 'out of status' while in the US before I could find another US based staffing company that petitioned the USCIS for change of employer of my h1b and extension of stay in the US based on previous h1 status since the 'out of status' time was too short. USCIS has approved the I 129 petition with a I 797B notice of action for this current project but the extension of stay was denied based on my previous h1 status since at the time of filing I was 'out of status'.

Currently, I am in India and waiting on my visa interview date to get the h1b stamped. I do have all the possible documents required for this including a letter from the client, which is a direct client of this contracting firm. It'll help to hear about people's experience who have been in this situation to prepare for the interview.

Response.

Originally posted by Suzuh1 View Post
    Hello,

I am hoping if someone could share his/her experience regarding consular processing of h1b. My situation is such that I was contracting with a US based staffing company at our client site and my project was abruptly terminated. I ended up being 47 days 'out of status' while in the US before I could find another US based staffing company that petitioned the USCIS for change of employer of my h1b and extension of stay in the US based on previous h1 status since the 'out of status' time was too short. USCIS has approved the I 129 petition with a I 797B notice of action for this current project but the extension of stay was denied based on my previous h1 status since at the time of filing I was 'out of status'.

Currently, I am in India and waiting on my visa interview date to get the h1b stamped. I do have all the possible documents required for this including a letter from the client, which is a direct client of this contracting firm. It'll help to hear about people's experience who have been in this situation to prepare for the interview.
    Hello Suzuh1,

Could you please update us as to what happened with your case ? I am just skeptical as I am in the same boat as you were.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X