Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 ead application

Hello all

I applied for my wife's ead and a week later applied for premium processing for h1b and h4. Please note My h1 was already in process and I expedited it using premium. And I was advised to do this way by the lawyers to send ead application one week before premium h application, since the processing center for ead and h1 is different. Now my h1 is already approved but h4 ead is still pending. I was expecting both to get approved together, since I had seen this happening and read in forums.
    Did I make any mistake here or the lawyers guided me wrongly. Should I have sent both the applications together? It's almost a month now that ead application was received by USCIS. My premium h1 was approved in a week

Thanks

Seniors any advise here?

Comment

Originally posted by americandesimd View Post
      Hello all

I applied for my wife's ead and a week later applied for premium processing for h1b and h4. Please note My h1 was already in process and I expedited it using premium. And I was advised to do this way by the lawyers to send ead application one week before premium h application, since the processing center for ead and h1 is different. Now my h1 is already approved but h4 ead is still pending. I was expecting both to get approved together, since I had seen this happening and read in forums.
      Did I make any mistake here or the lawyers guided me wrongly. Should I have sent both the applications together? It's almost a month now that ead application was received by USCIS. My premium h1 was approved in a week

Thanks
      Its not always guaranteed that if at all you apply H1 extension in premium, the H4 and EAD would also be processed equally fast.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Its not always guaranteed that if at all you apply H1 extension in premium, the H4 and EAD would also be processed equally fast.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
        Thanks Raghvi.
        H4 got approved in premium but EAD is still pending. attorney advised t send EAD application and H applications in different packets since they go to different locations/processing centers. or they should have sent both applications in the same packet? processing center would not have mattered.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X