Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State of residence in india important for visa stamping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of residence in india important for visa stamping?

Hi,

My L1B expired in July and I recently gave my L1A interview which did not go through. I have to now book a H1B interview date but the last consulate i gave my interview at has no dates till December.

I wanted to know if one can book an appointment anywhere in India. I saw some posts online saying that if one has been living in the US,he/ she can book anywhere in India but I am not sure how valid this information is.

Please help, i need to book my appointment asap.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SulabhR; 08-14-2016, 12:39 AM.

Did you find out if you can go to a different state? I'm having the same problem. All the time slots in Chennai are booked. I'm thinking of going to Delhi which has an opening in November. I found this but I'm not sure if I can trust the a government office not to give me **** when I go there

Originally posted by https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-appointment-in-india-visa-type-residence-language/
    Hi,

Effective November, 2010, even residents of India can apply for non-immigrant visa at any of the U.S. consulates in India. However, you are strongly encouraged to apply within your consular district.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X