221g White slip Admin Process - Interview Mumbai - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g White slip Admin Process - Interview Mumbai - 2016

I went for visa interview in Mumbai on August 8th 2016. Visa Officer (VO) asked me few questions and handed me 221g white slip (smaller than A4 paper size). He asked me to submit document via email which I did same day in the evening. (Got email confirmation that they have received the document in 15 mins) This is my 7th year on H1B and my I-140 is approved. I got my stamping twice with same employer earlier without any problem.
    Is there any one who recently appeared for interview in Mumbai and got 221g white slip recently? how long this process will take to resolve?

Interview
    VO: Good morning
    Me: Good morning

VO: Your passport and I797
    Me: I gave him both the things.

VO: which company you work for ?
    Me: XYZ

VO: How long you working for this company?
    Me: 15 months

VO: What is your profile in the company?
    Me: System Engg

VO: Have you ever visited any other country ?
    Me: yes New zeland

VO: Ask me to wait.

VO: After 2-4 mins do you client letter?
    Me: yes. (I gave him the copy)

VO: You have previous company employment letter?
    Me: No but i have w-2

VO: Took out white slip wrote something on it and handed over me my passport and I797.

VO: Everything looks good but please submit requested document once I submit they will approve my visa

I checked my status https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx there is no change
    case created date 07 aug 2016
    status updated date 08 aug 2016

There is no update since day 1.

i too got 221g earlier, but not the same situation. By that time they might not have enough information about my petition so gave me 221g. Usually they say 8 weeks. It depends on how fast you/employer/client responds based on their needs of documents or proofs.
    jay

Comment

@jayaram
      Thanks for the reply. Is your visa approved. ? if yes how long did it take ?

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      i too got 221g earlier, but not the same situation. By that time they might not have enough information about my petition so gave me 221g. Usually they say 8 weeks. It depends on how fast you/employer/client responds based on their needs of documents or proofs.

Comment

Originally posted by yello221 View Post
        @jayaram
        Thanks for the reply. Is your visa approved. ? if yes how long did it take ?
        I was given a white slip on Aug 30.

Did you ever hear back from the consulate?

Comment

@yellow221g

Did you ever hear back from the consulate. I also got the small white slip from Mumbai on Aug 30.

I went for visa interview in Mumbai on August 8th 2016. Visa Officer (VO) asked me few questions and handed me 221g white slip (smaller than A4 paper size). He asked me to submit document via email which I did same day in the evening. (Got email confirmation that they have received the document in 15 mins) This is my 7th year on H1B and my I-140 is approved. I got my stamping twice with same employer earlier without any problem.
          Is there any one who recently appeared for interview in Mumbai and got 221g white slip recently? how long this process will take to resolve?

Interview
          VO: Good morning
          Me: Good morning

VO: Your passport and I797
          Me: I gave him both the things.

VO: which company you work for ?
          Me: XYZ

VO: How long you working for this company?
          Me: 15 months

VO: What is your profile in the company?
          Me: System Engg

VO: Have you ever visited any other country ?
          Me: yes New zeland

VO: Ask me to wait.

VO: After 2-4 mins do you client letter?
          Me: yes. (I gave him the copy)

VO: You have previous company employment letter?
          Me: No but i have w-2

VO: Took out white slip wrote something on it and handed over me my passport and I797.

VO: Everything looks good but please submit requested document once I submit they will approve my visa

I checked my status https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx there is no change
          case created date 07 aug 2016
          status updated date 08 aug 2016

There is no update since day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by 221gagain View Post
            @yellow221g

Did you ever hear back from the consulate. I also got the small white slip from Mumbai on Aug 30.

No reply yet. Still waiting

Comment

Can you please share what documents you were asked to submit. I was asked to submit the standard list with CV, Research, .... Seem they are severely backlogged.

Please let me know if and when you hear something

No reply yet. Still waiting

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X