Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B visa extension.. Do I need to go for stamping ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa extension.. Do I need to go for stamping ?

Hi folks,

I am on a H1B visa and my visa is going to expire on 18th of september 2016. I am on India currently on a family trip and now I am planning to go back next weekend. My visa extension is approved for next 3 years and I have got my I-797 copy as well. My existing visa is not yet expired and is valid for another 18 days. So, if I have to travel back to US now, should I go to visa stamping with the new I-797 or can I go ahead with my existing un-expired visa and the visa extension approval document ? Requesting your help and suggestions asap, as I have to plan the travel accordingly.

Thank you,
    Prakash.

Hi Prakash, Not sure if you found the answer, but when you do, will kindly update this thread with what you did, so that others may benefit? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by prakash.konakanchi View Post
      Hi folks,

I am on a H1B visa and my visa is going to expire on 18th of september 2016. I am on India currently on a family trip and now I am planning to go back next weekend. My visa extension is approved for next 3 years and I have got my I-797 copy as well. My existing visa is not yet expired and is valid for another 18 days. So, if I have to travel back to US now, should I go to visa stamping with the new I-797 or can I go ahead with my existing un-expired visa and the visa extension approval document ? Requesting your help and suggestions asap, as I have to plan the travel accordingly.

Thank you,
      Prakash.
      Though you can travel, but you would most likely be questioned as to why you did not get a new visa, and be given an I-94 only till 18-Sep-2016 when you enter US. In that case you would need to reapply for extension of I-94 as soon as you enter.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X