H4 validity for visa interview vs waiver program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 validity for visa interview vs waiver program

My wife initially was on H4 with dates July 2013 - July 2016.

In July 2015 she changed to F1

Then in Aug 2016 she changed back to H4, valid until 2019

I am trying to schedule a visa stamping appointment for her recent change to H4. One of the questions to determine whether she would need an interview vs eligiblility for waiver program is - "Did your previous H4 visa (spouse/child of a temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee applicant) expire within the last 12 months?"

Would one consider her previous H4 to be valid until recently as it originally expired in July 2016 or is it considered void as she was on F1 in between.

Thank you.

Originally posted by sirmawa View Post
    My wife initially was on H4 with dates July 2013 - July 2016.

In July 2015 she changed to F1

Then in Aug 2016 she changed back to H4, valid until 2019

I am trying to schedule a visa stamping appointment for her recent change to H4. One of the questions to determine whether she would need an interview vs eligiblility for waiver program is - "Did your previous H4 visa (spouse/child of a temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee applicant) expire within the last 12 months?"

Would one consider her previous H4 to be valid until recently as it originally expired in July 2016 or is it considered void as she was on F1 in between.

Thank you.
    Look at the H4 Visa expiry date in the passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you.

Previous H4 expires on Jul 30, 2016.

The question is whether being on F1 visa in between two H4s nullifies the first H4.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmawa View Post
        Thank you.

Previous H4 expires on Jul 30, 2016.

The question is whether being on F1 visa in between two H4s nullifies the first H4.
        No. The visa in passport is valid as long as it's not expired or cancelled.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X