Esta canceled if Visa app revoked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esta canceled if Visa app revoked?

My husband is up for a VIsa interview and I have read that if it is revoked for any reason they will take his esta visa for life. Does anyone know if this is true?

What type of visa?

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      What type of visa?
      Spouse request

Comment

Originally posted by mane40 View Post
        Spouse request
        That didnt answer my question. What type of visa?

Comment

that didnt answer my question. What type of visa?
          k3

Comment

k3
            Then this post does not belong in the H visa forum.

Regardless, once approved for a K3, or any immigrant visa, his esta is no longer required, and thus invalid for travel.

Comment

Then this post does not belong in the H visa forum.

Regardless, once approved for a K3, or any immigrant visa, his esta is no longer required, and thus invalid for travel.
              Thanks I saw that and have moved it. But if he isnt approved they will cancel his esta?

Comment

Thanks I saw that and have moved it. But if he isnt approved they will cancel his esta?
                If a K3 visa (something that is practically obsolete now) or any Immigrant visa is denied, the usual reasons behind the denial are fraud and\or misrepresentation, which would certainly affect the K3 one would assume.

Why do you think his immigrant visa could be denied?

Comment

If a K3 visa (something that is practically obsolete now) or any Immigrant visa is denied, the usual reasons behind the denial are fraud and\or misrepresentation, which would certainly affect the K3 one would assume.

Why do you think his immigrant visa could be denied?
                  Because he put no on the medical checklist for Knightsbridge depression and alcohol use but when he talked to the Dr he told him that 3 years ago he had quit drinking and had a bout of depression. TheKnightsbridge Dr told him they needed a note from his Dr saying that and all his medical records. He has done that and is waiting for it to be sent to Knightsbridge. But the Dr told him he will never get in! We are devastated!

Comment

Because he put no on the medical checklist for Knightsbridge depression and alcohol use but when he talked to the Dr he told him that 3 years ago he had quit drinking and had a bout of depression. TheKnightsbridge Dr told him they needed a note from his Dr saying that and all his medical records. He has done that and is waiting for it to be sent to Knightsbridge. But the Dr told him he will never get in! We are devastated!
                    This appears to be a tough one. If he is concerned, either of you could seek an appointment with an immigration attorney knowledgeable in medical issues. Alternatively, wait till the interview if it's coming up soon and find out. It's never a good idea to be evasive with the truth.
                    Hopefully it'll be sorted out soon.

Comment

But my main question is do they cancel the ESTA if you are denied a Visa?

Comment

I'm not a lawyer and thus do not know the answer to that question. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could chime in.

However, generally speaking, an applicant loses ESTA privileges for a period of time (perhaps a year or longer) if denied a B2 visitor visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X