• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and H4 has different validity start date

Hi All,

Greetings.

I am in dire need of help.

Mine (H1) and my wife's (H4) visa expired on Oct 2015. So an extension petition was filed and it got approved.
    I only checked my validity dates and it was from Oct 2015 till April 2017. I missed to check my wife's validity dates.
    I checked them today and it appears that her validity dates are Oct 2016 till April 2017.
    Since we never noticed the validity dates for her, she is still staying in USA with me.
    So i think she has over stayed.

I am not really sure what to do now.
    1) Shall we wait an continue to stay in USA for another one and half month so that it becomes October and her validity dates become valid.
    2) Should she travel back to India immediately and go for H4 stamping once validity dates of OCT 2016 starts.Will this overstaying have any impact on the stamping interview.

I am not sure what other implications it may have..
    Any help in this rearguard is welcomes.

Regards
    Anurag

Any help / suggestions ??

Comment

Originally posted by anuragsingh29 View Post
      Hi All,

Greetings.

I am in dire need of help.

Mine (H1) and my wife's (H4) visa expired on Oct 2015. So an extension petition was filed and it got approved.
      I only checked my validity dates and it was from Oct 2015 till April 2017. I missed to check my wife's validity dates.
      I checked them today and it appears that her validity dates are Oct 2016 till April 2017.
      Since we never noticed the validity dates for her, she is still staying in USA with me.
      So i think she has over stayed.

I am not really sure what to do now.
      1) Shall we wait an continue to stay in USA for another one and half month so that it becomes October and her validity dates become valid.
      2) Should she travel back to India immediately and go for H4 stamping once validity dates of OCT 2016 starts.Will this overstaying have any impact on the stamping interview.

I am not sure what other implications it may have..
      Any help in this rearguard is welcomes.

Regards
      Anurag
      Would suggest you contact the USCIS office and get it corrected/updated.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X