No announcement yet.

3 months left on H1-B |Outside USA |PERM not started yet |Potential job offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months left on H1-B |Outside USA |PERM not started yet |Potential job offer

Greetings, Forum members!
    Newbie here. I have been reading forum posts here for a while, but this is my first ever-post.

I find myself in a rather complicated immigration situation solely due to the actions of my most recent employer.

When I accepted my most recent job offer - I had about 1.5 years remaining on my H1-B. The employer promised to file PERM right away, but due to delays and layoffs, they could not file.
    Eventually - it got to a point where I had to voluntarily resign from my job with about 3 months remaining on my H1-B. The employer did try to find positions for me in their foreign offices, but they weren't to my liking.
    As a result - I left the US before the specified date on my I-94 and took some time off to travel.

I have started applying for jobs now (worldwide) and since all my work experience is in the U.S, several interview calls from U.S. companies have been coming my way.
    Many are large companies that sponsor a sizable number of H1-B visas as well as PERM applications.

I would greatly appreciate advice on the following matter:
    With just 3 months left on my H1-B, how would things work if I was offered a job in the States?

I was told that there were a few options:
    a) Have employer file for PERM immediately, work from U.S. until H1-B expires, then transfer to a foreign office temporarily, get back in once PERM is at the stage where H1-B can be extended indefinitely.
    b) Work from U.S. until H1-B expires, move abroad & work from a foreign office for a year, get back on L1 with the possibility of EB1.

Has anybody been in this situation, and are the above options feasible?
    Also - how do companies handle such situations, and are they open to a temporary foreign transfer?

Any advice, suggestions or comments will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Can somebody please respond? Thanks a lot!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X