Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico Visitor Visa

Hi,

I am on H4 dependent visa and do not have Bank account on my name or the marriage certificate with apostle. I tried getting the visitor visa at Mexico Consulate but they asked for these documents.

I need to go to stamping with my husband and I heard we can get the Mexico Visitor visa at the border for 7 days? Is this true? If so, what documents do I need to show? Will they ask for the same documents I was asked at the consulate?

Please help..

Thanks

Mexico has become kind of strict at various borders and airports the last few years to visitors from countries other than U.S. and Canada. There remains, however, much variation in enforcement of admittance rules. Getting into the "La Frontera" zone is a breeze, but passing the Frontera checkpoints, about 30 miles below Tijuana and Juarez, you seem to encounter more professional law enforcement or immigration officers (local vs national). The airports seem to be particularly serious about visitors countries besides U.S. A friend of mine (American) had his Ukranian girlfriend refused admittance when coming from Europe at an airport in Eastern Mexico for lack of an updated or current Mexican visa.

--Ray B

Originally posted by PriyaMalik9 View Post
    Hi,

I am on H4 dependent visa and do not have Bank account on my name or the marriage certificate with apostle. I tried getting the visitor visa at Mexico Consulate but they asked for these documents.

I need to go to stamping with my husband and I heard we can get the Mexico Visitor visa at the border for 7 days? Is this true? If so, what documents do I need to show? Will they ask for the same documents I was asked at the consulate?

Please help..

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Mexico has become kind of strict at various borders and airports the last few years to visitors from countries other than U.S. and Canada. There remains, however, much variation in enforcement of admittance rules. Getting into the "La Frontera" zone is a breeze, but passing the Frontera checkpoints, about 30 miles below Tijuana and Juarez, you seem to encounter more professional law enforcement or immigration officers (local vs national). The airports seem to be particularly serious about visitors countries besides U.S. A friend of mine (American) had his Ukranian girlfriend refused admittance when coming from Europe at an airport in Eastern Mexico for lack of an updated or current Mexican visa.

--Ray B
      We are planning to go to Matamoros. So can I get the visitor visa at the border? I am confused with ur reply.

Comment

U.S. citizens and Green Card holders don't need Mexican visas.

I'm sorry if my reply confused you. My point was if you are not a citizen of one of the countries among the 65 countries allowed to enter Mexico without visas, a visa will be required. My friend, I mentioned earlier, had a girlfriend from the Ukraine, whose Mexican visa was not current, and she was rejected at the airport there.

If you have a U.S. Green Card or are a U.S. citizen, you don't need a Mexican visa. Otherwise, whether you need a visa or not depends on your country of citizenship.

--Ray B

We are planning to go to Matamoros. So can I get the visitor visa at the border? I am confused with ur reply.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          U.S. citizens and Green Card holders don't need Mexican visas.

I'm sorry if my reply confused you. My point was if you are not a citizen of one of the countries among the 65 countries allowed to enter Mexico without visas, a visa will be required. My friend, I mentioned earlier, had a girlfriend from the Ukraine, whose Mexican visa was not current, and she was rejected at the airport there.

If you have a U.S. Green Card or are a U.S. citizen, you don't need a Mexican visa. Otherwise, whether you need a visa or not depends on your country of citizenship.

--Ray B

I am from India and we need Visa I believe. But is there no such thing as a 7 day permit? I heard from a friend we can get that at the border. Not true? Anyone have any idea?

Comment

. But is there no such thing as a 7 day permit? I heard from a friend ..
            Ask your friend their source for that claim, and you'll have your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
              Ask your friend their source for that claim, and you'll have your answer.
              Advises like these need not be given.. thanks

Comment

I need to go to stamping with my husband and I heard we can get the Mexico Visitor visa at the border for 7 days?
                You said it yourself.. "..you heard..". You should have your source.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X