X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent advice. Quit H-1B job

Hi Immihelp,

Need urgent advice on my situation:

I have an H-1B visa and have been working in US for the last 2 years. My I140 is approved for a month now and my wife has an H4 EAD.

Today I quit my job. I understand that I have about 10 days to get a H-1B transfer, without which I will have to leave the country.

Any help or suggestion on how I can stay in US with an H-1B transfer (and also retaining my PD and my wife's H4 EAD) will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Originally posted by NeedAdviceUrgent View Post
    Hi Immihelp,

Need urgent advice on my situation:

I have an H-1B visa and have been working in US for the last 2 years. My I140 is approved for a month now and my wife has an H4 EAD.

Today I quit my job. I understand that I have about 10 days to get a H-1B transfer, without which I will have to leave the country.

Any help or suggestion on how I can stay in US with an H-1B transfer (and also retaining my PD and my wife's H4 EAD) will be much appreciated.

Thank you!
    In order to maintain H1 status you must be working and getting paid. I don't think there is any such 10 days grace period.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I do have an approved I-140. Does that let me stay in the US until I get a new job?

Comment

Originally posted by NeedAdviceUrgent View Post
        I do have an approved I-140. Does that let me stay in the US until I get a new job?
        Technically No.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X