Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer not paying up

Hi,

I am planning to join new company B by transferring H1b under pp, while I am trying to recover my money from old company A. I was out of project with company A for over 1 month. Now I found Company B. I have not resigned from company A yet and Company A is not paying my salary as well. There is a payroll left to be run.
    Company A is asking me to provide them a letter saying that I am on leave till I get a project, so that they don't have liability to pay me.

I believe if I provide leave letter to Company A, they will pay me but how its going to affect me in future or while doing GC ?

Let me know what I can do ?

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,

I am planning to join new company B by transferring H1b under pp, while I am trying to recover my money from old company A. I was out of project with company A for over 1 month. Now I found Company B. I have not resigned from company A yet and Company A is not paying my salary as well. There is a payroll left to be run.
    Company A is asking me to provide them a letter saying that I am on leave till I get a project, so that they don't have liability to pay me.

I believe if I provide leave letter to Company A, they will pay me but how its going to affect me in future or while doing GC ?

Let me know what I can do ?
    If you do not have the latest paystubs your subsequent transfers may not be approved with a new I-94. You should probably consider complaining to DOL. Give the employer a heads up that what he is recommending is illegal and you would not hesitate to go to DOL.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Employer not paying up

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If you do not have the latest paystubs your subsequent transfers may not be approved with a new I-94. You should probably consider complaining to DOL. Give the employer a heads up that what he is recommending is illegal and you would not hesitate to go to DOL.

Thanks Raghvi for replying.
      I have latest paystubs, just not having the last one, its just because I am out of project for over a month, Employer A is trying to hold one full payment.
      When I asked to run payroll, they are asking to provide them with a leave letter and then they will pay me.
      So question here is, if I provide leave letter to Company A, how its going to affect my status and or will I face any issues while doing GC ?
      Meanwhile simultaneously H1b transfer under pp is in process.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Thanks Raghvi for replying.
        I have latest paystubs, just not having the last one, its just because I am out of project for over a month, Employer A is trying to hold one full payment.
        When I asked to run payroll, they are asking to provide them with a leave letter and then they will pay me.
        So question here is, if I provide leave letter to Company A, how its going to affect my status and or will I face any issues while doing GC ?
        Meanwhile simultaneously H1b transfer under pp is in process.
        Project or no project, the employer should be paying you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X