Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G-Administrative process but they haven't taken I-797 and passports

Hi Guys,

I had my H1B Visa Interview on 2nd Sep 2016 in Chennai . VO asked few questions about myself and employer and finally she gave 221G Blue slip and she marked "Your Application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made" . I asked her if she needs any docs , VO said no and if we want we will send email .VO did not take my Passports and even I-797 approval notice also .
    When i check in cgi federal website where i took my appointment and there status says "your passport is still with the us embassy/consulate" but they did not take my Passports and I-797 approval notice .

Please help me if anyone face similar issue .Any inputs or suggestions will be of great hepl .

Originally posted by praveenkumarvk View Post
    Hi Guys,

I had my H1B Visa Interview on 2nd Sep 2016 in Chennai . VO asked few questions about myself and employer and finally she gave 221G Blue slip and she marked "Your Application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made" . I asked her if she needs any docs , VO said no and if we want we will send email .VO did not take my Passports and even I-797 approval notice also .
    When i check in cgi federal website where i took my appointment and there status says "your passport is still with the us embassy/consulate" but they did not take my Passports and I-797 approval notice .

Please help me if anyone face similar issue .Any inputs or suggestions will be of great hepl .
    Online status is not very accurate. Wait for their email.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

@Raghvi,

Thanks for your update

But VO did not took I 797 Forms?is that common?

When in administartice process, can i search for new Employer to transfer my H1B visa under cap exemption ?

Comment

221g white on sep 6th

Hi all,
        I was eligible for drop box. Dropped my documents in vfs Hyderabad on 28th August. Received call on 30th august to attend interview on 6th September. Asked regular questions about all my 1st h1b employer to my surprise and issued 221g white slip and marked "submit additional document" option and did not list any documents that I need to submit.
        VO kept my passport and returned all other documents after interview. This is my h1b extension stamping. Have any one faced similar issue ? Passport tracking showing status as "there is no status update available for the submitted passport" and ceac status is "admin processing"

Please let me know if anyone had similar issue.
        Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X