Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do current employer know about H1B Transfer

Hi,

I am working with employer X. My H1-B visa & i-94 expires in Feb 2017, So my company X is planing to file my H1-B extension in regular processing.

I am also thinking to change the job soon in case if they don't start my Green card in 1 month as I have only 2 years left out of 6 years in USA. So if they file GC, I may not transfer H1-B.

Questions:
    1) will current employer X come to know about my transfer to another company Y If my H1-B extension is in progress and suppose I change job and initiate transfer with company?

2) will current employer X come to know about my transfer to another company Y If my GC initition in progress and suppose I change job and initiate transfer with company?

3) As I have valid visa, in case if anything urgent can I travel outside of USA while my extension is in progress before Feb 2017(visa expiry)?

Thanks in advance

esha
    Last edited by chnrbk; 09-03-2016, 09:16 AM. Reason: tags

Originally posted by chnrbk View Post
    Hi,

I am working with employer X. My H1-B visa & i-94 expires in Feb 2017, So my company X is planing to file my H1-B extension in regular processing.

I am also thinking to change the job soon in case if they don't start my Green card in 1 month as I have only 2 years left out of 6 years in USA. So if they file GC, I may not transfer H1-B.

Questions:
    1) will current employer X come to know about my transfer to another company Y If my H1-B extension is in progress and suppose I change job and initiate transfer with company?

2) will current employer X come to know about my transfer to another company Y If my GC initition in progress and suppose I change job and initiate transfer with company?

3) As I have valid visa, in case if anything urgent can I travel outside of USA while my extension is in progress before Feb 2017(visa expiry)?

Thanks in advance

esha
    1. Not unless you tell them. But if you resign it's obvious they would know.
    2. Same as above.
    3.Not advisable to travel while extension is pending.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X