Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

Hi,
    I am working with client Z through Company X(who holds my H1 visa) and middle Company Y. I had signed 18 months contract with Company X before my H1-B petition was filed and also a contract that I cannot join client.Now I have completed 9 months with Company X and want to join client. There is no specific amount mentioned in contract for violation but its mentioned that liquidated damages will be recovered in case of violation.
    Middle company Y doesn't have any issue in me joining client. There is no contract between Company X and Company Y and between Company Y and Client Z in which any such condition is mentioned that can stop me in joining client.

1. Could you please let me know if this contract is valid ?
    2. Are there any legal implications against me ? Can employer file a law suit against me ?
    3. How much money can they ask me in case of negotiation ? So far, expenses done on me by employer are they paid H1B visa fee and gave me salary on bench.
    4. Please advise how should I handle this situation once the H1 transfer is approved.

Thanks so much.

Please help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X