Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa Re-stamping - Choose USA Consulate (With less waiting period)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Re-stamping - Choose USA Consulate (With less waiting period)

Hi

Currently I am in USA and planning for an upcoming India vacation in couple of months and I have face-to-face H1B visa stamping for my extension I-797 Approval document. I belongs to Kerala state and default consulate is Chennai and no Interview dates are available until January-2016. This will make my trip bad as I want to reach Kerala by November-2016 and will needs to return back by December-2016.

Can I change/choose US consulate for stamping location any consulate with less waiting period like Hyderabad or Delhi? Is this possible? If yes, is there any difference in processing visa stamping? Is there any chance for my H1B interview rejection or 221G(Administrative processing) eventually make my return trip cancelled or permanently hold back in India? Please advice. Any help in appreciated

Thanks!

All US Consulates in India has long wait times. You can keep looking if any last minute cancellations arise for interview (it does happen sometimes) but its not easy.

I suggest you forget about traveling to India because you cannot go back unless you go to a third country like Canada or Mexico to get H1B stamped.
    ------------------------
    I reply with my experience and not from any legal perspective.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X