Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 and Later change to H4 to H1b after job

Hi,
    I was working with Company A but they fired me as they did not want to file for my H1b extension .So I joined company B who did my visa transfer but they do not have projects they still looking for projects for me I am on bench.

1. How long Can I stay on without pay stub on h1b?
    2. Can i change my visa from H1 to H4 ? If i do as soon as I get H4 receipt will i be considered on H4 ? or do i have to wait till final approval and I will be considered as H1?
    3. Suppose I get job in few months can I do my visa transfer from H4 to H1b as i still have 3 years left on my H1b?

Appreciate your help,

Regards

Originally posted by kolisnehal13 View Post
    Hi,
    I was working with Company A but they fired me as they did not want to file for my H1b extension .So I joined company B who did my visa transfer but they do not have projects they still looking for projects for me I am on bench.

1. How long Can I stay on without pay stub on h1b?
    2. Can i change my visa from H1 to H4 ? If i do as soon as I get H4 receipt will i be considered on H4 ? or do i have to wait till final approval and I will be considered as H1?
    3. Suppose I get job in few months can I do my visa transfer from H4 to H1b as i still have 3 years left on my H1b?

Appreciate your help,

Regards
    #1 one month
    #2 Yes, H4 would be in effect when you get approval and not just the receipt
    #3 Yes

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X