Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Dropbox out of india

Hi folks,

I have a travel outside US coming up (around 1st Oct) and my H1B expires in a week. I qualify for the Dropbox process for H1B renewal. I have 2 questions:

1. Can the Dropbox be done outstide India? Like in Tanzania?
    2. I am not sure which country I may have to travel to (India or Tanzania) so I have just filled DS-160 and haven't completed any other formality like cgifederal registration. How late can I do the rest of the process now that I don't need to schedule an interview. I'll most likely be going for Dropbox around 10/10.

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by agarhi View Post
    Hi folks,

I have a travel outside US coming up (around 1st Oct) and my H1B expires in a week. I qualify for the Dropbox process for H1B renewal. I have 2 questions:

1. Can the Dropbox be done outstide India? Like in Tanzania?
    2. I am not sure which country I may have to travel to (India or Tanzania) so I have just filled DS-160 and haven't completed any other formality like cgifederal registration. How late can I do the rest of the process now that I don't need to schedule an interview. I'll most likely be going for Dropbox around 10/10.

Thanks for the help.
    1. Was prior H1 also issued in Tanzania ? One of the criteria for Interview waiver is that the earlier visa was also issue sin the same country as drop box location. Further, readign the below link https://tanzania.usembassy.gov/frequent_travelers.html you also need a Tanzanian passport. Each consulate has their own rules so better check with the respective consulates before booking appointments.
    2. If you want to avail dropbox option you would have to apply in your home country.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Was prior H1 also issued in Tanzania ? One of the criteria for Interview waiver is that the earlier visa was also issue sin the same country as drop box location. Further, readign the below link https://tanzania.usembassy.gov/frequent_travelers.html you also need a Tanzanian passport. Each consulate has their own rules so better check with the respective consulates before booking appointments.
      2. If you want to avail dropbox option you would have to apply in your home country.

1. Is it possible to renew my H1B with normal process of interview in Dares Salaam? Their H1B related webpage returns 404.
      2. If I am doing this in Bombay using the dropbox process, after I pay the fees etc. can I go their any day to drop the documents without any prior appointment?

Thanks,
      Asif

Comment

Originally posted by agarhi View Post
        1. Is it possible to renew my H1B with normal process of interview in Dares Salaam? Their H1B related webpage returns 404.
        2. If I am doing this in Bombay using the dropbox process, after I pay the fees etc. can I go their any day to drop the documents without any prior appointment?

Thanks,
        Asif
        1. I doubt. Try their visa wizard.https://travel.state.gov/contenthttp...-visas/en.html
        2. I think there is specific time that would be provided for dropping off the documents. Typically someone reviews the documents.

Comment

IV 221G White paper

Hi,
          My Interview was held on the 20th of Sept and I was asked for additional documents which I submitted the following day. They kept my passport and asked for evidence of matrimonial relationship(wedding pictures) but the letter they gave me(white) says, ''Visa has been denied under the provisions of the immigration and nationality act''.
          Shouln't it have said 'suspended' instead of 'denied'?
          Also the status shows, 'administrative processing'. Anyone one with similar case knows how long it'll take?

Comment

Originally posted by frizz View Post
            Hi,
            My Interview was held on the 20th of Sept and I was asked for additional documents which I submitted the following day. They kept my passport and asked for evidence of matrimonial relationship(wedding pictures) but the letter they gave me(white) says, ''Visa has been denied under the provisions of the immigration and nationality act''.
            Shouln't it have said 'suspended' instead of 'denied'?
            Also the status shows, 'administrative processing'. Anyone one with similar case knows how long it'll take?
            Is this for H1-B stamping in Dar Es Salaam?
            Were you applying with family?
            What is your native country (citizenship)?

Comment

IV 221g white paper

My status was updated today. Can anyone please tell how long does it usually take ?

Comment

VISA approved in a 3rd country

I had to go through the non-dropbox procedure in Dar Es Salaam i.e. the normal interview process and my VISA was eventually approved.

Questions:
                What are your duties?
                Which city is your office located in?
                Some other very general questions.
                No supporting documents asked for.

Finally he said he couldn't find my Petition number online and asked me to wait for 48 hours (instead of normal 24 hours which they take to print the VISA). I went to collect the passport after 48 hours but they asked me to come next day. I did and had my VISA.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X