Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 doubts for H4-VISA

Hi,

I am an H1B VISA holder. I'm getting married in November and currently filling out the DS-160 for my future wife to book the appointment. Here is some background before the questions-

* After obtaining the marriage certificate, my wife will be getting her last name changed to my lastname.
    * She will be getting my name also added to her passport.

Now, could someone please help me with the following questions-

1. Will the last name change and spouse name addition get endorsed in the same passport? Or will be she be given a fresh passport? I hope it is the earlier so that I can fill out the passport number and other details in the DS-160 form now.

2. Person/Entity paying for your trip - Can it be SELF? Or does it have to be me? If it is me then will I have to fill the I-134 form? What is the preferred answer here?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by prashantc88; 09-10-2016, 10:28 PM.

Can anyone help please.

Comment

Originally posted by prashantc88 View Post
      Can anyone help please.
      Anyone??

Comment

Hi,

I am an H1B VISA holder. I'm getting married in November and currently filling out the DS-160 for my future wife to book the appointment. Here is some background before the questions-

* After obtaining the marriage certificate, my wife will be getting her last name changed to my lastname.
        * She will be getting my name also added to her passport.

Now, could someone please help me with the following questions-

1. Will the last name change and spouse name addition get endorsed in the same passport? Or will be she be given a fresh passport? I hope it is the earlier so that I can fill out the passport number and other details in the DS-160 form now.

2. Person/Entity paying for your trip - Can it be SELF? Or does it have to be me? If it is me then will I have to fill the I-134 form? What is the preferred answer here?

Thanks in advance!
        1. It will be a fresh passport.
        2. It would be you if you are paying for the ticket. No need to file I134.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          1. It will be a fresh passport.
          2. It would be you if you are paying for the ticket. No need to file I134.

Hi, could you tell how can you say that it will be a fresh passport?

According to the official passport, spouse name addition will be endorsed - http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...vicesAvailable

Q59(a): What is the process to endorse spouse's name on my passport?
          A: To endorse the spouse's name on your passport, you have to apply for a 'Re-issue' of passport and get the specified change done in personal particulars. To check the complete list of documents to be submitted along with the application form, please click on 'Documents Required' link on Home page.

And according to the website mentioned below, surname change will also be endorsed. However, I am still looking for some credible source to be sure.

Comment

Hi, could you tell how can you say that it will be a fresh passport?

According to the official passport, spouse name addition will be endorsed - http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...vicesAvailable

Q59(a): What is the process to endorse spouse's name on my passport?
            A: To endorse the spouse's name on your passport, you have to apply for a 'Re-issue' of passport and get the specified change done in personal particulars. To check the complete list of documents to be submitted along with the application form, please click on 'Documents Required' link on Home page.

And according to the website mentioned below, surname change will also be endorsed. However, I am still looking for some credible source to be sure.

http://www.namechangetips.com/passpo...-7-steps/92951
            I dont see this as a bottle neck in going ahead and scheduling the interview, one can always revise the DS-160 at a later stage, prior to interview, and even if you do not do so, you can explain to the officer that the passport was changed due to the name change by showing both the new and old passport.

Comment

Ds-160

I am working on H1 visa and I am getting married in December. I am planning to apply H4 of my future wife and was submitting DS-160 on her behalf. Is it OK to enter Married as her Marital status right now as we are planning to schedule interview after our marriage in December

Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X