Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scheduling Visa appointment with I-797C(Receipt) instead of actual approved I-797?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling Visa appointment with I-797C(Receipt) instead of actual approved I-797?

Hi

I have filed for H1 extension and am still waiting for approval. I'm planning to go to India next month and am hoping that I would get the approval before then.

I started looking at Visa appointment dates and my question is can I book a Visa appointment using the Receipt Number from the receipt notice or should we have an approved I-797 before booking a Visa appointment? I am guessing that while we need an approved 797 for the ACTUAL visa interview, we could still book the appointment with the receipt number, Please let me know. Can we update the petition dates once we get the approved I-797 without having to reschedule or cancel the existing appointment?

Anyone with similar experiences will also be very helpful

You should be able to schedule visa interview appointment based on the application receipt number, you'll need that number to fill your DS-160 form.
    And yes, you need approved I-797 for the actual interview. You may not be able to edit DS-160 once submitted, and it does not ask for petition dates either.
    I just submitted my form today and hoping to get an appointment for December (93 calendar days waiting period in Mumbai)

Comment

Is it the case that the weight of your scholastic duties keeps you from taking the opportunity to relax and replenish your personal and professional resources? By alleviating the pressure of academic responsibilities, the all-inclusive service that EssayUSA provides may be able to assist you in regaining control of your life and the energy that you have available to you. It is common knowledge that studying is psychologically draining, and it is common knowledge that striving to juggle all of your academic duties can be particularly stressful upon your mental capacity. We are aware of how challenging it is, which is why we have designed a nursing essay writing service in order to reduce some of the burden that is associated with it. It will be possible for you to maintain a healthy equilibrium between your personal life and your academic life if you delegate all of your writing obligations to our team of highly certified writers.
      Last edited by carolinahoward; 12-09-2023, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I too found myself in a similar situation waiting for an H1 extension. Regarding your question, in my experience, you can book a visa interview using the receipt number. This allows you to plan, although you will need an approved I-797 for the interview itself. Regarding updating the petition dates after receiving approval without having to cancel or reschedule the appointment, I would recommend checking directly with the consular section as the rules can change.

Comment

Originally posted by balajimk22 View Post
          Hi

I have filed for H1 extension and am still waiting for approval. I'm planning to go to India next month and am hoping that I would get the approval before then.

I started looking at Visa appointment dates and my question is can I book a Visa appointment using the Receipt Number from the receipt notice or should we have an approved I-797 before booking a Visa appointment? I am guessing that while we need an approved 797 for the ACTUAL visa interview, we could still book the appointment with the receipt number, Please let me know. Can we update the petition dates once we get the approved I-797 without having to reschedule or cancel the existing appointment?

Anyone with similar experiences will also be very helpful
          The approved I-797, also known as the Notice of Action, is the official document confirming your visa approval. It includes details like your visa type, validity period, and any specific instructions related to your application. This document is crucial for attending your visa interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X