H4 to H1 Status Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 Status Change

My H1B Petition is due to expire on Sep 15 2006 for the first term of 3 Years.So my I-94 also is due to expire on Sep 15 2006.And my wife is presently ON H4 the same expiry dates applies to her as well.

Now my Employer will be filing for an Extension for Both of us next Month (H1 for me and H4 for my WIFE).Meanwhile my wife is about to be sponspored H1B this year by an Employer here in Apr 2006.

I just wanted to know if there might be any conflicts/confusions for my wife's case as she will be filed for an Extension for H4 Status from my Employer and H1 Filing from the company sponsoring her H1.I understand these are two seperate tracks but still can i get this clarified to plan any course of actions that might be necessary.

The potential problem with pursuing two separate options at the same time is that the later in time may govern and result in the person"s ending up with H-4 status instead of the H1B status and not being able to work. You should check further details with your wife's company attorney.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X