X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Passport ReIssue - Split Name Change

Hi,
    1. In US on H1 with I94 until Sep, 2016 under company A
    2. Changed employer A, got new petition pproved with I94 attached until Sep 2018
    3. Same employer filed another petition to change location/address and is in process over 4 months now

My question is: I want to apply for reissue my passport due name correction, your insights please?

a. What I should after passport arrival?
    b. Do I need to get Visa Stamping again?
    c. Do I need to get I94 update anything? (I have I94 thru petition but not sure on the current petition that is in process- FYI.)

Thank You.

Hi loginme,

You will receive the new passport along with the old one that has your stamped visa on. So you do not have to worry for the visa stamping .
    You need to keep both the passport.
    The old passport number would be cancelled and you will have to use the new passport number for any use in future.

As for the new I94, when you travel back to your homeland and then you will have to go for stamping .
    You will then receive a new visa stamping according to the new approved petition from employer B.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank You for the reply.
      So, when i go to home land the new visa stamping according to my new passport name.

In line does anyone know how long from DC embassy takes to get passport reissued.

Comment

Hi loginme,

Yes ...you will get the new visa stamped according to the I94 that you have upto 2018.

But i'm not sure about the name ...since now you will have a new name in your passport and the old name is there in the in the I94.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X