Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa to H1 visa while change in employer

Hi Gurus,

I have situation that, I was on H1B in US untill oct 2015. Later I traveled to India, filed for H4 visa and got it stamped in dec 2015. During this process the US consulate cancelled my stamped H1B visa stating "Cancelled without Prejudice". My H1B petition expired on 06 sep 2016 and H4 petition is valid till feb 2018. Now I have an offer with an employer (different from my the employer who filed H1B for me) and following are my concerns:

1) What process does the new employer has to follow for my H1B? H1 transfer or Change of Status?
    2) My H4 visa stamping is expired and I have to travel to India for some personal stuff. So can I travel to India and come back in 2 weeks getting my H4 stamped through drop box , while my H1 transfer is going on?
    3) When can I join the work at client site - As soon as after I receive the receipt or complete petition approval?
    4) When visiting India - If I cannot stamp my H4 while my H1 processing is going on, how long it would take to stamp new H1 on my passport and travel back to US?

Thanks in Advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X