Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1Blanket was refused in 2010 with 221G, now going for H1B stamping in 2016

Hi Friends,

I was refused L1Blanket in Chennai in 2010 and was given 221G form stating that application is not clearly approvable.
    Since then I have not applied for any US visa type , but this year I will be going for H1B stamping.
    DS160 has a question , if you were refused any US Visa or denied entry in US, to which I think I need to give details of Chennai case , 2010.
    I want to know does this affect my current H1B case in any way ??
    Please do share your experience.

Originally posted by waitingapproval View Post
    Hi Friends,

I was refused L1Blanket in Chennai in 2010 and was given 221G form stating that application is not clearly approvable.
    Since then I have not applied for any US visa type , but this year I will be going for H1B stamping.
    DS160 has a question , if you were refused any US Visa or denied entry in US, to which I think I need to give details of Chennai case , 2010.
    I want to know does this affect my current H1B case in any way ??
    Please do share your experience.
    No it should not as long as prior rejection was not due to a fraud or such thing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      No it should not as long as prior rejection was not due to a fraud or such thing.

Thank you Raghvi for quick response , how ever I have 1 more query please do reply :
      I need urgent information to complete my DS160 form.
      - I went to Chennai consulate in 2010 for L1 Blanket filed by Employer B.
      - Unfortunately I got 221g stating , clearly not approvable , but the VO had put a stamp on my L1 regular visa which had expired in Jun 2010.
      Stamp says " CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE". It was filed by previous employer A.
      Please note that I never travelled on this VISA.

Now DS 160 has a question , Have your US VISA been cancelled or revoked any time ?
      So should I mention Yes and give details about "Cancelled without prejudice and also state the reason that it was not used and petition term had expired"

Please anyone having knowledge do reply asap..
      Last edited by waitingapproval; 10-02-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by waitingapproval View Post
        Thank you Raghvi for quick response , how ever I have 1 more query please do reply :
        I need urgent information to complete my DS160 form.
        - I went to Chennai consulate in 2010 for L1 Blanket filed by Employer B.
        - Unfortunately I got 221g stating , clearly not approvable , but the VO had put a stamp on my L1 regular visa which had expired in Jun 2010.
        Stamp says " CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE". It was filed by previous employer A.
        Please note that I never travelled on this VISA.

Now DS 160 has a question , Have your US VISA been cancelled or revoked any time ?
        So should I mention Yes and give details about "Cancelled without prejudice and also state the reason that it was not used and petition term had expired"

Please anyone having knowledge do reply asap..
        Yes, your L1B refusal under 221g was a denial. The cancellation was a CWOP. You have to mention both.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X