H1 B Transfer and how soon should you join new employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Transfer and how soon should you join new employer

I currently work in US on H-1B visa and live in New Jersey.

I work for a company and will refer as "Current employer". I have applied for H-1B transfer for another employer whom I will refer as "New Employer".

I am still working with the current employer.
    My H-1B transfer notice is approved and I might receive it any day.

Meanwhile, I need to go to India on vacation during May. I will not be re-stamping visa as my exisiting visa with the current employer is valid till Sep 2007.

I thought I will work with the current employer till June end, thats even after the vacation in May. From July I'll start work with the new employer.

I will get my re-stamping during August or September when I visit Canada.

My questions
    1. Once you get your H-1B approval notice for the new employer, how long can you work with your current (old) employer. How soon should you join the new employer.

2. When I go to India, I need to surrender the I-94, Should I also surrender the I-94 that comes with the H-1B transfer approval notice?

Important question
    3. When I come back to US from India, I hear the I-94 would be issued for current employer and in that case, someone said my H-1B approval notice will become invalid or void on taking the I-94 with current employer name. Is this true, need a detailed answer for this.

4. When I return from India with the old stamping. Can I take the I-94 in the name of my new employer (i am not sure if the following is even an available option). - but if it is then Can i work with the current employer for a month and then join the new employer.

any suggestions on this.

i am also in the same situation

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X