Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension process after I94 expired

Hi All,

I am in a critical situation. My H1B and I-94 expired in August this year and the Extension with Amendment had been filed in the month of June'16. I have been in US since last June. Since my current project A is getting over by October first week, I upgraded my filing to Premium but received RFE last month. Now, the Immigration Team and Attorney are aware that I am getting released from Project A. However, I have already been confirmed for project B. Can I respond to RFE with documents from Project B and if no, then what are my options. My employer is asking to return back to India. If I go back how soon can I come back and how does that work. Please help me as I am in critical crisis. I am completely frustrated and depressed.

Originally posted by ANATH19845 View Post
    Hi All,

I am in a critical situation. My H1B and I-94 expired in August this year and the Extension with Amendment had been filed in the month of June'16. I have been in US since last June. Since my current project A is getting over by October first week, I upgraded my filing to Premium but received RFE last month. Now, the Immigration Team and Attorney are aware that I am getting released from Project A. However, I have already been confirmed for project B. Can I respond to RFE with documents from Project B and if no, then what are my options. My employer is asking to return back to India. If I go back how soon can I come back and how does that work. Please help me as I am in critical crisis. I am completely frustrated and depressed.
    The issue is that you are working at a location/client for which the underlying amendment/petition is not yet approved. B project is only for Oct onward, what about June till Oct?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi All,

I was working from June till Oct first week with Project A but since they are releasing me so they are not providing documents for RFE.
      Now I am forced to go back India. Can I file petition from India and how long will it take in both normal and Premium type.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      The issue is that you are working at a location/client for which the underlying amendment/petition is not yet approved. B project is only for Oct onward, what about June till Oct?

I was working from June till Oct first week with Project A but since they are releasing me so they are not providing documents for RFE.
      Now I am forced to go back India. Can I file petition from India and how long will it take in both normal and Premium type.

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you can. It would take 2-6 Months in normal processing and 2-4weeks in premium if no RFE. And if your visa has expired you would need to get a new one.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X