Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling H4 interview before marriage for an post marriage interview date

Hi,
    Can i schedule H4 interview before wedding? Interview date will be after marriage and i will have marriage certificate with me during interview.
    Planning to schedule in Oct. for interview date of Dec last week, my wedding is in first week of Dec.
    Do i have to say 'Married' now in marital status? If yes, Is it OK to do that?
    Can somebody share his/her personal experience for this kind of situation?

Or is it better to simply get visitor visa now? Will result of visitor visa interview affect H4 visa interview result?

Thanks

Originally posted by rahul78 View Post
    Hi,
    Can i schedule H4 interview before wedding? Interview date will be after marriage and i will have marriage certificate with me during interview.
    Planning to schedule in Oct. for interview date of Dec last week, my wedding is in first week of Dec.
    Do i have to say 'Married' now in marital status? If yes, Is it OK to do that?
    Can somebody share his/her personal experience for this kind of situation?

Or is it better to simply get visitor visa now? Will result of visitor visa interview affect H4 visa interview result?

Thanks
    Yes you can. The DS-160 should be filled and accurate as of on the the day of interview, so you should be good.

Do not go the B2 route it will lead to more complications and chances of denial would be high.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes you can. The DS-160 should be filled and accurate as of on the the day of interview, so you should be good.

Do not go the B2 route it will lead to more complications and chances of denial would be high.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks.
      That is what i was thinking, still few friends of mine are saying that DS-160 should be filled as of on the day of submission of this form.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X