Help on H1 Change of status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on H1 Change of status

I am working with an Indian IT company in US and currently on L1-A visa. My visa is stamped till February 2017.

I have applied for H1-B visa with some other employer last year and my name came in the H1 lottery. My H1-B petition is still not approved. Now I am not in mood to immediately leave my company as there are chances that they may apply for Green card in EB1 category. I haven't told my intentions to my new employer till now.

My questions:
    1. Do I have to travel outside US and come back once my H1-B petition gets approved so that my status again become L1? Can I go to Mexico for this for 2 days?

2. Is there any timeframe after my petition get approved to go outside US and come back?

3. I have not applied for H4 status for my dependents till now. So once my H1 gets approved what will be there status?

Thanks
    Amit

Originally posted by amit1 View Post
    I am working with an Indian IT company in US and currently on L1-A visa. My visa is stamped till February 2017.

I have applied for H1-B visa with some other employer last year and my name came in the H1 lottery. My H1-B petition is still not approved. Now I am not in mood to immediately leave my company as there are chances that they may apply for Green card in EB1 category. I haven't told my intentions to my new employer till now.

My questions:
    1. Do I have to travel outside US and come back once my H1-B petition gets approved so that my status again become L1? Can I go to Mexico for this for 2 days?

2. Is there any timeframe after my petition get approved to go outside US and come back?

3. I have not applied for H4 status for my dependents till now. So once my H1 gets approved what will be there status?

Thanks
    Amit
    Was H1 applied as change of status (COS)?

Comment

Yes. Also today my H1 got approved.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Was H1 applied as change of status (COS)?
        Yes. Today my H1-B petition also got approved. I am bit tensed now what next?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X