Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 conversion after I140 approved

Hi,

I was in US on H1B visa between 2007 to 2009. My extension got rejected. Later i applied L1B in 2010 and travelled to US. In 2014 I changed my status from L1B to L1A. My visa is getting over by May 2017. Meanwhile my company applied GC through EB2 category in May 2013. I got my perm approved and in the process of filing I140 in premium.

Now my question is, can i use the out of cap H1(since i spent only 2 years in that) to convert my status from L1 to H1 based on my I140 approval. Please treat this as urgent and respond.

Any updates on my question? Reply is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by vaikund View Post
      Any updates on my question? Reply is greatly appreciated.
      No you cannot. If one has spent the last 6 Years in L1 or H1 status and exhausted the time, one needs to get oneself part of a fresh H1 cap.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        No you cannot. If one has spent the last 6 Years in L1 or H1 status and exhausted the time, one needs to get oneself part of a fresh H1 cap.

I am asking for change of status based on my I140 approval and i also had H1 unused for 6 years. Is that not possible?

Comment

I am asking for change of status based on my I140 approval and i also had H1 unused for 6 years. Is that not possible?

Any updates on this?

Comment

Any updates on this?
            If you have combined spent 6 Years in L1+H1, or L1B+L1A Status, you cannot utilize the prior H1. You need to file afresh in new cap.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X