Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 expired due to passport expiry and sucess story

Hi
    Here is my story … my i94 expired on December 2015 I came to know on 15 july 2016 seven months overstay
    Let me explain in detail came to u.s with company A in may 2011 and changed to company b in march 2015 and have valid visa till june 2017 with company B travelled to india in august 2015 and came back in September with valid visa stamped in passport from company A till December 2015. I didn’t go to stamping since I had my valid visa in passport with company A. while coming to u.s in immigration they gave i94 till 15th December 2015 and my passport expires in 15 may 2016 . I didn’t notice it because I thought i94 I got with visa transfer from company b is valid till 2017 June. but that is not correct our latest i94 is valid.I have renewed my passport before it expired and got my new passport .
    On 15 july got a call from my immigration attorney saying that my i94 expired 7 months back im in illegal stay and everything I got freaked out and started browsing and came with a solution . I went to customs and border protection office in Chicago took my petition passport all relevant document with me and went to meet the officer and explained my case that I have a valid visa till june 2017 while I travelled to india and he said yes it is mistake from our side your i94 should be till june 2017 but your passport expired in may 2016 which you had at the time of travel so I can give i94 till may 2016 date as my old passport expiry and got my updated i94 till may 2016
    now 7 months of over stay came down to 2 months since it it Friday evening when I came out of CBP office I couldn’t do anything or contact attorney . I waited till Monday and talked with my company attorney they gave 2 option filing nunc pro tunc and travel out of country and come with new i94 . I went with the option of travelling out of country and come back again I had 3 options mexico, Canada and india . I chose india because it is always good to travel home country and get visa stamping and I had the option of dropbox so I travelled to india on 20th july 2016 and in Chennai dropbox gave my passport on 22nd july 2016 and got my passport on 28th with stamped visa and travelled back to u.s . I hope the information is useful to you 

Originally posted by Sharmila Chandru View Post
    Hi
    Here is my story … my i94 expired on December 2015 I came to know on 15 july 2016 seven months overstay
    Let me explain in detail came to u.s with company A in may 2011 and changed to company b in march 2015 and have valid visa till june 2017 with company B travelled to india in august 2015 and came back in September with valid visa stamped in passport from company A till December 2015. I didn’t go to stamping since I had my valid visa in passport with company A. while coming to u.s in immigration they gave i94 till 15th December 2015 and my passport expires in 15 may 2016 . I didn’t notice it because I thought i94 I got with visa transfer from company b is valid till 2017 June. but that is not correct our latest i94 is valid.I have renewed my passport before it expired and got my new passport .
    On 15 july got a call from my immigration attorney saying that my i94 expired 7 months back im in illegal stay and everything I got freaked out and started browsing and came with a solution . I went to customs and border protection office in Chicago took my petition passport all relevant document with me and went to meet the officer and explained my case that I have a valid visa till june 2017 while I travelled to india and he said yes it is mistake from our side your i94 should be till june 2017 but your passport expired in may 2016 which you had at the time of travel so I can give i94 till may 2016 date as my old passport expiry and got my updated i94 till may 2016
    now 7 months of over stay came down to 2 months since it it Friday evening when I came out of CBP office I couldn’t do anything or contact attorney . I waited till Monday and talked with my company attorney they gave 2 option filing nunc pro tunc and travel out of country and come with new i94 . I went with the option of travelling out of country and come back again I had 3 options mexico, Canada and india . I chose india because it is always good to travel home country and get visa stamping and I had the option of dropbox so I travelled to india on 20th july 2016 and in Chennai dropbox gave my passport on 22nd july 2016 and got my passport on 28th with stamped visa and travelled back to u.s . I hope the information is useful to you 
    Hi Sharmila,
    I have a few questions regarding your case:
    Did you file nunc pro tunc or did they give you the visa stamp based on your old petition?

Did you mention in your DS160 regarding the overstay?

Did you have any problem at the port of entry because of the previous overstay?

I would really appreciate your reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X