Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extn - IWP - Administrative Processing - Chennai Consulate

Hi,

I am going through a terrible experience with my H1B Visa extension.

My previous visa expired on 30-Jul-2016. Before the expiration of my visa the petition was submitted and later converted in to premium processing. By first week of August I got my petition approved till March 2019.

I came on vacation and visa stamping on Sept 8th. Since I was eligible for IWP, on Sept 11th, I dropped of mine and my dependent passports with my employer in Bangalore. They submitted it on the same day with the VFS. The documents were submitted with the USCIS by Sept 14th and the case was created on Sept 15th.

By Sept 24th my daughter's visa got issued and the status changed to 'Ready for Pick up' by Sept 26th.

By Sept 29th my wife's visa also got issued by Oct 3rd the status changes to 'Ready for Pick up'.

On Sept 24th(Saturday) my visa status has been changed to 'Administrative Processing'.

More than 2 weeks have passed since then, I was not issued any 221G letter. In fact myself or my employer have not received any communication from the VFS or consulate.

By October 6th, the consulate support team told me they have escalated the case with the visa officers and I will receive an update with in 24 - 48 hours. Still no updates.

Any one with similar experience in the recent past?

Thanks,
    Sudheesh S

Originally posted by sudheeshtcr View Post
    Hi,

I am going through a terrible experience with my H1B Visa extension.

My previous visa expired on 30-Jul-2016. Before the expiration of my visa the petition was submitted and later converted in to premium processing. By first week of August I got my petition approved till March 2019.

I came on vacation and visa stamping on Sept 8th. Since I was eligible for IWP, on Sept 11th, I dropped of mine and my dependent passports with my employer in Bangalore. They submitted it on the same day with the VFS. The documents were submitted with the USCIS by Sept 14th and the case was created on Sept 15th.

By Sept 24th my daughter's visa got issued and the status changed to 'Ready for Pick up' by Sept 26th.

By Sept 29th my wife's visa also got issued by Oct 3rd the status changes to 'Ready for Pick up'.

On Sept 24th(Saturday) my visa status has been changed to 'Administrative Processing'.

More than 2 weeks have passed since then, I was not issued any 221G letter. In fact myself or my employer have not received any communication from the VFS or consulate.

By October 6th, the consulate support team told me they have escalated the case with the visa officers and I will receive an update with in 24 - 48 hours. Still no updates.

Any one with similar experience in the recent past?

Thanks,
    Sudheesh S

Hi Sudheesh,

I was put on Aditional administrative processing too from Chennai consulate 5 years ago. I was stuck there for three months. Be positive and hope it clears soon. Nothing to worry.

Comment

Update from consulate

Thank you for the response.
      On Oct 13th the consulate has responded to our enquiry on the status as " you will be getting your passport shortly". Three days have passed since then, but the status is still the same. I am not sure if I can deduce any meaning out their reply.

Comment

Kumar,

Can I ask you a coupleqns if you don't mind.

Was yours iwp? Was it extn or first time stamping? Were you issued 221g or ever came to know why it went on admin processing?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

The CEAC website status changed to 'Issued' today.
          The passport status has not changed yet, hopefully it will change to 'ready for pickup' in a day or two.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X