Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 TO H1 while H1 to H4 still pending

Hi,

I am looking for some urgent advice and would really appreciate if anyone can provide the guidance.

I got my H1 this year and I have worked for 2 months with my employer, but unfortunately I got laid off and I am thinking to go back on H4 (I am assuming COS will take 3-6 months).

What if I get a job during this period, can I be able to transfer my H1 easily and file a different COS(h4 to h1) while my another COS (h1 to h4)still pending?

Thanks,

NSi

Originally posted by NSi View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for some urgent advice and would really appreciate if anyone can provide the guidance.

I got my H1 this year and I have worked for 2 months with my employer, but unfortunately I got laid off and I am thinking to go back on H4 (I am assuming COS will take 3-6 months).

What if I get a job during this period, can I be able to transfer my H1 easily and file a different COS(h4 to h1) while my another COS (h1 to h4)still pending?

Thanks,

NSi
    It will be an issue. A COS can become complicated when an earlier one is still pending. Would advise to leave US, and re enter on H4 visa to speed us the move to H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X