Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling to India for vacation and visa stamping, do I need to surrender my I-94?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to India for vacation and visa stamping, do I need to surrender my I-94?

I am currently working in the US on H1B. I am traveling to India this weekend for three weeks vacation and also for visa stamping.
    I read on immihelp that one needs to surrender I-94 to airline authorities before departing from the US. I have three I-94 with me (one given when I arrived in the US, two more received along with my I-797 approval notice). Do I need to surrender them to the airline representative even if I am coming back to the US after three weeks?

another question - On my way back to the US, I will be staying in Dubai for three nights (I will have Dubai Tourist Visa) and then I will fly to Boston from Dubai. Will there be any isse at the port of entry because of stay at Dubai for three nights?

Regards

Sudesh

Originally posted by sudhesh View Post
    I am currently working in the US on H1B. I am traveling to India this weekend for three weeks vacation and also for visa stamping.
    I read on immihelp that one needs to surrender I-94 to airline authorities before departing from the US. I have three I-94 with me (one given when I arrived in the US, two more received along with my I-797 approval notice). Do I need to surrender them to the airline representative even if I am coming back to the US after three weeks?

another question - On my way back to the US, I will be staying in Dubai for three nights (I will have Dubai Tourist Visa) and then I will fly to Boston from Dubai. Will there be any isse at the port of entry because of stay at Dubai for three nights?

Regards

Sudesh
    Yes, it is advisable to submit all of them. You will get a new I-94 upon your re entry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X