Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 VISA for second marriage

Hi Experts,

I have a question about H4 VISA for my second wife. I got married couple of years back and went for my wifes fingerprinting. There was a gap of 7 days between Ofc and interview. In those 7 days we had some issues and we decided to call off the marriage. She did not appear for H4 and I came back alone to the US. We filed for mutual divorce and I got it this year. I didnt declare that I am married anywhere in the US.

Now I am getting married again in December and my second wife will be applying for her H4. Will she have any issues while going through her h4? Will she be asked anything about my previous marriage(by pulling up old records that someone had done fingerprinting for h4 visa 2 years back although NO H4 visa was either approved or rejected?) She knows all the details about this but we are afraid of being counter questioned in the interview especially because I have put marital status as single everywhere.

Will she have any issues during H4 interview?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by h4visa2016 View Post
    Hi Experts,

I have a question about H4 VISA for my second wife. I got married couple of years back and went for my wifes fingerprinting. There was a gap of 7 days between Ofc and interview. In those 7 days we had some issues and we decided to call off the marriage. She did not appear for H4 and I came back alone to the US. We filed for mutual divorce and I got it this year. I didnt declare that I am married anywhere in the US.

Now I am getting married again in December and my second wife will be applying for her H4. Will she have any issues while going through her h4? Will she be asked anything about my previous marriage(by pulling up old records that someone had done fingerprinting for h4 visa 2 years back although NO H4 visa was either approved or rejected?) She knows all the details about this but we are afraid of being counter questioned in the interview especially because I have put marital status as single everywhere.

Will she have any issues during H4 interview?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.
    I dont think she will have any issues with this. Take the marriage document and she should be fine.

Comment

What was question asked? Did US consulate ask about your first marriage.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X