Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing employer when H1B Extension in RFE and I94 will expire in couple of months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing employer when H1B Extension in RFE and I94 will expire in couple of months

My current company (A) has filed extension and it is in RFE status and my 194 will expire in another 2 months. New company(B) is ready to process the transfer and extension. Till now I have completed 2 years in current H1B visa.Can you please help me with below queries
    1) When B submits transfer and extension, will it override the extension submitted by A
    2) If the petition submitted by A got rejected (before the I94 date) and before B submits, will I be able to continue stay here till my I 94 and continue to stay more once B submits the extension.
    3) In the case 2 mentioned above , do I need to exit US and get visa stamped.

Originally posted by jamesjac109 View Post
    My current company (A) has filed extension and it is in RFE status and my 194 will expire in another 2 months. New company(B) is ready to process the transfer and extension. Till now I have completed 2 years in current H1B visa.Can you please help me with below queries
    1) When B submits transfer and extension, will it override the extension submitted by A
    2) If the petition submitted by A got rejected (before the I94 date) and before B submits, will I be able to continue stay here till my I 94 and continue to stay more once B submits the extension.
    3) In the case 2 mentioned above , do I need to exit US and get visa stamped.
    1. No.
    2. It depends if A will continue to employ you or send you back immediately once it is rejected.Normally A would continue to pay you and give you a few weeks to wrap up, in that circumstance B should get their petition filed before your last pay day.
    3. Till when is your visa valid?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X