Leaving Job on H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Job on H1B

On April of 2016 my employer filed H1B for me and I got selected in the quota and have got the H1B document from USCIS and my status has changed to H1 starting October 2016 but I have not got it stamped on my passport yet. Due to ethical problem with my employer I have resigned with them and looking for a job now.

Can there be any consequences on my visa status? Is there a grace period to find a job. Can the employer still have the right to cancel my H1B? Or what's the worst thing?

Please do let me know. I am eagerly waiting for your reply. Thank you

Originally posted by vivanvian123 View Post
    On April of 2016 my employer filed H1B for me and I got selected in the quota and have got the H1B document from USCIS and my status has changed to H1 starting October 2016 but I have not got it stamped on my passport yet. Due to ethical problem with my employer I have resigned with them and looking for a job now.

Can there be any consequences on my visa status? Is there a grace period to find a job. Can the employer still have the right to cancel my H1B? Or what's the worst thing?

Please do let me know. I am eagerly waiting for your reply. Thank you
    There is technically no grace period. You must find another employer and get your H1 transferred. Otherwise leave the country asap to not accumulate out of status days.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X