Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding my H1B Extension approval

Hello All,

I have the following question and really appreciate your prompt response.

I had my H1B Petition expired on Aug 07, 2016 and Visa Expiry was on Aug 27, 2016 (Note that Visa expiry was after petition expiry). Corresponding I94 expiry was Sept 07 2016.
    I had applied my H1B extension much before the expiry and H1B Extension is approved from Aug 27 2016 to Aug 07 2019. If you see here extended petition start date is when my visa expired date is and I don't have a petition covering Aug 08 2016 to Aug 27 2016 though I had a valid visa and I94.

Could you please let me know your views, if not having H1B approval notice between Aug 07, 2016 to Aug 27, 2016 be an issue when I go for stamping to India with my extended petition? Please suggest or post your thoughts.

Thanks in Advance.

Dashy

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
    Hello All,

I have the following question and really appreciate your prompt response.

I had my H1B Petition expired on Aug 07, 2016 and Visa Expiry was on Aug 27, 2016 (Note that Visa expiry was after petition expiry). Corresponding I94 expiry was Sept 07 2016.
    I had applied my H1B extension much before the expiry and H1B Extension is approved from Aug 27 2016 to Aug 07 2019. If you see here extended petition start date is when my visa expired date is and I don't have a petition covering Aug 08 2016 to Aug 27 2016 though I had a valid visa and I94.

Could you please let me know your views, if not having H1B approval notice between Aug 07, 2016 to Aug 27, 2016 be an issue when I go for stamping to India with my extended petition? Please suggest or post your thoughts.

Thanks in Advance.

Dashy
    Yes, This may cause unnecessary delay and checks during visa stamping. It recently happened to one of my friends. He was stuck there for about 15-20 days. Have your employer's attorney talk to USCIS and correct the petition start date.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X