X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B stamping

Interview date: Oct 17th 2016

221g case reason: DUI in 2014

My DUI case is dismissed and I had paid fine and I also received a new driver's license, I have all the related documents.

History:

Visa officer handed over 221g letter to me and asked to follow instructions in the letter. I have emailed Panel doctor to schedule an appointment

and it was scheduled on Oct 20th and completed all the necessary medical tests and consultation with the panel doctor by Oct 21st.

I received a call from panel doctor's office that my medical reports were submitted to US embassy on Oct 25th. I emailed support-india for any update on Nov 2nd and got an email update on Nov 3rd saying

"please submit your passport, as your application is refused under section 221g ". I have shared the matter below. But in CEAC website my application

status still shows as "admin processing".

Please let me know what are my options here? For me it still unbelievable that application is actually refused. If it is refused how to approach the

embassy that, on what grounds my application is refused.

"This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your passport at the VAC or VFS office at the earliest for further processing of your case.

As your application has been refused under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and you are requested to submit your passport."

Anyone any ideas or suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by vasp View Post
      Anyone any ideas or suggestions?
      No one can predict the time lines around an admin processing . Advisable to keep cool and calm and patiently await the outcome.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

221g issue

Sorry, looks like I didn't explain my issue correctly, I got an email requesting to submit my passport but I'm confused whether my visa is approved or not. Below is the email I got from Hyderabad embassy.

Dear Applicant,

This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your passport at the VAC or VFS office at the earliest for further processing of your case.

As your application has been refused under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and you are requested to submit your passport, please log in to UStraveldocs, download the 221(g) courier submission letter and submit it along with the 221(g) refusal sheet and a copy of this email at any one of the 5 VAC or 6 VFS offices. To locate the 5 VAC and 6 VFS offices closest to you, please check UStraveldocs. There will be no fee charged for this service.

Comment

It states that your application was refused. But you can reapply at any time. Please see the link below

Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

Picked up my passport with Visa stamp, thanks everyone!

Comment

First H1 Stamping Canada Ottawa

Hello All
              This forum really answered my questions, i did my masters in USA and planning to Visit Ottawa for my First H1 stamping. Can please someone suggest about the Ottawa Consulate Please.

Regards
              Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X