Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extensions

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and really sorry that I couldn't find other threads to get the answer :-(

Question : I am on H1B Visa and my I94 was valid till 21st July 2016. However, my company filed new petition and i got it only till 31st May 2017. I would like to know,

1. What will happen if I travel to India for personal reasons before 31st May 2017 ? Should i get stamped in US Consulate or drop box is enough ?

2. My company can start the visa extension only in Jan/Feb 2017. If i am in the middle of the process, am i eligible to travel ?

3. If the new petition process is started, Is it mandatory to still go to India and get stamped or i can still stay in the US with 2nd petition ( with my I94 as 21st July 2016 ) ?

-Ashoka

Originally posted by ashokabl View Post
    Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and really sorry that I couldn't find other threads to get the answer :-(

Question : I am on H1B Visa and my I94 was valid till 21st July 2016. However, my company filed new petition and i got it only till 31st May 2017. I would like to know,

1. What will happen if I travel to India for personal reasons before 31st May 2017 ? Should i get stamped in US Consulate or drop box is enough ?

2. My company can start the visa extension only in Jan/Feb 2017. If i am in the middle of the process, am i eligible to travel ?

3. If the new petition process is started, Is it mandatory to still go to India and get stamped or i can still stay in the US with 2nd petition ( with my I94 as 21st July 2016 ) ?

-Ashoka
    I dont see a purpose of you trying to get a new visa with a petition which is going to expire in another 6 odd Months.

1. Drop box should be feasible, but if you travel too close to May 2017, the consulate may want you to get an extended petition approval first before giving a new visa.
    2. Advisable not to.
    3. Did you not get the new I-94 till 31st May 2017?, If yes, you can stay and work till 31-May-2017.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X