H1B Visa Approved but online status shows Administrative Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2018h1b View Post
    I also attended on Dec 12 @ Hyd. Still Administrative processing. Last update date Dec 15. Which consulate did you attend. Please Keep updating as you see a change
    Mine was in New delhi and it was first time H1B stamping.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandipan19901990 View Post
      I am also in the same boat.

Appeared for the interview on Dec 12, 2018.
      VO said visa issued and will receive in 3-5 business days. No 221G slip.
      Case Status : Administrative Processing. Case Last Updated: 12-Dec-2018
      Did you saw any update? There is no update for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitaj View Post
        I had my visa interview on Dec 11, 2018 and VO said that my visa is approved. Since then the online status is showing as "Administrative Processing" with last update date as Dec 11, 2018. Is anyone else from Dec 11 facing the same issue?
        Does anyone know how can I escalate this matter? I have already cancelled my flight and my vacations have also finished I have to take leave of absence now. Also my husband and kid is there in US. This is very frustrating with no idea what's going on,

Comment

Does anyone know how can I escalate this matter? I have already cancelled my flight and my vacations have also finished I have to take leave of absence now. Also my husband and kid is there in US. This is very frustrating with no idea what's going on,
          Is anyone else also in the same situation?

Comment

Is anyone else also in the same situation?
            Yeah, I gave the interview on 12th Dec, my visa got approved, and it's been in the same status (administrative processing) till now.

I emailed the consulate at [email protected] and they said, "Your application is refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing. After administrative processing is complete, the application will be reconsidered".

I have no idea what's happening. They haven't asked for any documents and all.

It's a pain. Especially since it makes you feel that life is fleeting.

Comment

• Originally posted by akshay1990 View Post
              Yeah, I gave the interview on 12th Dec, my visa got approved, and it's been in the same status (administrative processing) till now.

I emailed the consulate at [email protected] and they said, "Your application is refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing. After administrative processing is complete, the application will be reconsidered".

Do you have any idea what does this mean? Does it mean that they have refused the application for now? Are you a FTE in US?

Comment

Also could you please keep on updating this thread if you get any updates?

Comment

• H4 visa approved but admin processing

H4 Restamping - no Slips handed over during interview
                  Hubby with h1 and kid with h4 got the passport in 3 days

Interview date -dec 13
                  Was told visa approved when we went as a family

My status shows admin processing
                  Case last updated dec13 ( interview date)

Have not got any mail asking for docs
                  Hubby and kid travelled today and I cancelled mine

Couldn’t do anything than tracking this forum .
                  I am on h4 ead and was in USA for 7 yrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2018h1b View Post
                    I also attended on Dec 12 @ Hyd. Still Administrative processing. Last update date Dec 15. Which consulate did you attend. Please Keep updating as you see a change
                    Interview on dec 12 MUMBAI consulate
                    Case status: Administrative Processing (dec 12- dec 19)
                    Case status : issued ( dec 20)
                    Picked up my passport on Dec 21

Comment

Also could you please keep on updating this thread if you get any updates?
                      Yeah, I'm an FTE in a pretty well known company.

Sure, I'll keep this thread updated.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Any updates?
                          Admin processing Last updated date changed to today's date just now for me.

Comment

• Similar situation

Attended H1 interview at Hyderabad consulate on 18th Dec, 2018. Visa approved with in 20 seconds. Officer kept the passport, no slips issued. It’s been 7 business days and the status says Administrative Proccessing.

Comment

• Attended interview on 14 Dec, visa approved.
                              No update till now, visa status still in Administrative processing. No email received from consulate for any documents / queries.

Waiting...

Comment

• Similar situation

Originally posted by janarthans View Post
                                Attended interview on 14 Dec, visa approved.
                                No update till now, visa status still in Administrative processing. No email received from consulate for any documents / queries.

Waiting...
                                Please update this thread if anything changes in your status. I’ve sent an email to [email protected] and got the below reply.

“In response to your question, your visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. Hence, we request you to kindly wait.”

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X